Saturday, December 5, 2009

1 Nephi Chapter 6

This is a really quick chapter. Just a couple notes.

This lays about where Lehi's family came from. They were descendants of Joseph, who was sold into Egypt.

4 For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved.

This sounds like what Moroni wrote in the introduction of the Book of Mormon. From the introduction he wrote:

. . . Which is to show unto the remnant of the House of Israel what great things the Lord hath done for their fathers; and that they may know the covenants of the Lord, that they are not cast off forever—And also to the convincing of the Jew and Gentile that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God . . .

The wording is very similar, because Nephi had the same vision as Moroni. They knew that it was important to write down their testimonies to help others at some future date.

1 comment:

  1. I can learn a lesson from this. I want to keep a journal so my children will know me and about my life, but the fulness of my intent should be to persuade them to Come unto Christ, by illustrating those experiences that show the Lord's hand in our life, by sharing how the covenants we make with the Lord bring us closer to him, and to eternal life. Thanks Brian.

    ReplyDelete